Join us for Fun!
Here are a few memories of the past good times and a preview of good times to come:
· Colorado River Fishing Tournament An opportunity to fish with our friends in the Gulf of Mexico at the mouth of the Colorado River from the shore or on the water. This is best done by staying overnight nearby.
· Chili Cookoff This is a joint event with other Squadrons from District 21, where teams compete for prizes by cooking chili without beans using their own recipes.
· Joe’s Crab Shack This is a favorite restaurant for a monthly dinner meeting.
· Oriental Night We have members who love to dress up, and this is the perfect occasion. The catered food is always great. Desserts are provided by the members for the Hal Cunningham delicious dessert contest.
· Double Bayou Rendezvous A favorite venue for an overnight trip was on the banks of Double Bayou off Trinity Bay. However, Hurricane Ike made it more challenging to get there because the maximum depth of a boat for passage is only a few feet now.
· Frostbite Rendezvous A variety of activities have been part of this traditional winter rendezvous over the years. Some have been inside, and some outside. Dress warmly!
· Pizza and hurricane warning As the peak of hurricane season approaches each year, we often have a guest speaker who is knowledgeable about hurricane safety at our monthly dinner meeting.
· Hearty eating at a restaurant Some restaurants that were our favorites have gone away. This was one which no longer exists.
· Luau Grab your grass skirt and join us for a Hawaiian luau dinner at our Home Port each June. Recently members have been providing musical entertainment.
· Stein Room Ahhhh – free beer! One of our favorite places for the monthly dinner meeting.
· Change of Watch The one event each year for which we get dressed-up is when the officers and Board members are replaced.